On friday (Jan. 14th) the girls didn't have school (it was a Teacher Development Day). A family from our ward invited us to go to this AWESOME place with them about 1/2 an hour away. It had these huge blow-up slides & mazes. It also had roller skating! :) None of our girls had ever been roller skating before~gasp~they have been ice skating but never roller skating. And I am NOT a "roller-skater" so I think it's important that they learn how. They had a BLAST!

Hinkley & Averee each went around the rink on skates 2 times. The rest of the time they went around the rink on a scooter we brought from home. I loved that you could bring scooters~it was a life-saver.

Kennedi & Hadlie on the other hand went around more times than I can count. Hadlie fell down about 1/2 way around the rink her first time, started to cry & was refusing to finish the rest of the way around. You know the saying about if you get bucked off you have to get right back on ~words my Grandpa & Dad think are gospel:) ~ anyway~ I made her finish & go one more time around with my help. After that she did it by herself and had a great time. In fact she didn't want to get off. :)

I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but Averee still has her skates on and I am literally holding her up!

We will for sure be going back again, hopefully soon. Next time though, Andy has to go with us, I don't have enough arms to do it alone. :)
1 comment:
You are such a rad MOM!!!
Post a Comment