Disclaimer~TONS of pictures to follow!!! :)
Kennedi turned the big 12 on Tuesday, February 22nd. She was SO super excited!!! I always decorate the kids bedroom with balloons and streamers on their birthday.
Birthday gifts from Papa & G.G.
Kennedi also had a friend party on Friday night. They made their own mini pizzas, played Music Trivia and a Jelly Belly guessing game. And of course watched a movie. One of the definite highlights of the night came right after the Jelly-Belly game. I bought a package of Berry Botts Every Flavor Jelly Beans (from the Harry Potter movies). All of the kids had 'fun' trying the different flavors. Some of the flavors were pizza, gravy, ketchup, dirt and onion-YUCK!!!
Kennedi requested a 'box' chocolate cake for her birthday~(usually if they want a chocolate cake I make a Texas Fudge Cake from scratch because it's my favorite chocolate cake). She also wanted to decorate it all by herself. I think she did an amazing job-she free handed all of it!
On Saturday night we met up with Andy's family and went to dinner. Kennedi got to pick where we went out to eat. Much to Andy's 'distress' she chose Olive Garden.
Then we went over to Andy's mom & step-dad's house for cake and ice cream. I love these tall candles~so fun.
Andy's mom stitched this WONDERFUL sign for Kennedi~I should have gotten a close up of it. It has all of the Young Women Values listed and a flower with petals the color of each of the Young Women Value. It is really cool.
We literally celebrated for days~but what a great way to celebrate turning 12! Kennedi is such an important member of our family. She is such a kind and loving example. She loves to dance and is so good at it. She is also a really good singer and actress. Right now she is involved with dance, piano, a play at school and a song performance at school. She is also an amazing helper with her younger brother and sisters. We sure do LOVE and admire her!!! :)
6 comments:
Your family is growing up! Love all the pictures especially the ones of Andy. Church basketball can be brutal.
I love Kennedi. What a cute girl. Tell her I said Happy Birthday. Going into Young Women's is such a fun age and of course getting to wear makeup...it is so funny we can't wait to shave our legs and do stuff like that and now it's such a chore!!!! Anyway tell her happy birthday...she is such a beauty!!!
You are such a fun mom!!
I can't believe she is already 12! Boy, she is a cutie! I'll bet you are so proud of her. :) That YW stiching is really neat.
Happy Birthday Ken! What a fun day.
What are those papers taped to the wall by the stove? In the pic where Hink is helping make the chicken parm.
Ahhh ... Happy Birthday Kennedi! She is such a pretty girl!
Oh my Goodness, I don't even hardly recognize sweet little Kennedy. I remember picking her up for elem. school one day and you were apologizing about her doing her own hair, it seemed like yesterday, now makeup!?! Tell her Happy Birthday, we miss you guys!!
Post a Comment