Monday, April 12, 2010

YUM!!!

I wanted to share with you this YUMMY recipe that Andy got at work last week from a co-worker. I've already made it twice this week. :) For the most part we are trying to eat healthy at our house, so this recipe was a 'splurge' - but like my sister said, "it's okay every once in a while," although twice in one week might be pushing it - I guess I'll have to wait a month or so before I make it again.

GARLIC SHRIMP
3/4 cup (1 1/2 cubes) real butter ---see what I mean about the 'splurge'
5 cloves minced garlic (or 3 tsp bottled, minced garlic)
2 TBS. flour
3/4 milk
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 cups fresh finely chopped spinach, packed (I used an entire bag)
2 cups cooked, peeled, no-tail shrimp - thawed (1-14oz. bag)
1/2 cup toasted or sauteed pine nuts (these can burn easily)
1 tsp. salt
12-16 oz. angel hair pasta

Saute butter and garlic about 3 minutes.
Mix flour and milk, then add salt.
Stir into butter and garlic mixture. Blend over medium heat until thick.
Stir in sliced mushrooms. Cook 3-5 minutes.
Stir in thawed shrimp and spinach. Heat through.
Remove from heat.
Stir in pine nuts.
Serve over warm pasta.
Top with fresh grated parmesan cheese.

Let me just warn ya that pine nuts are PRICEY, but with the package I got I will be able to make this recipe 3 times.
I made the recipe as is, but I'm sure you can take out or substitute ingredients if there is something you don't like.
ENJOY!!! :)

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Sure wish I liked shrimp...sounds yummy for shrimp lovers though. I just don't do any seafood at all...this coming from someone who married a Japan missionary...I love when people share yummy recipes though. I swear I make the same recipes over and over again.

Unknown said...

What could be better than garlic and shrimp...not much! Ok maybe a Dr. Pepper and a Pork Salad from Cafe Rio, and maybe some Cadbury mini eggs on the side....I'm just sayin...lol! Have I mentioned how BADLY I want a Dr. Pepper....trying this for dinner sometime this week! Thanks Robyn!

Angie said...

That recipe looks so good! I'm a big garlic fan. I don't do seafood either, but I think chicken would be a good swap out. Thanks for sharing!!

Lyndzi said...

my mouth is currently watering...