Thursday, September 3, 2009

All better

This first picture is the way that Raife's belly button looked about 2 weeks ago.  The skin around the umbilical cord actually poked up about 1/2 to and inch.
This is Raife when we were in the Recovery Room - I was so paranoid about him having surgery.  I wasn't necessarily worried about the surgery, but the anesthesia part kind of freaks me out.  I just don't like the idea of handing my baby over to someone knowing they are going to give them meds and have them "go to sleep."  
This is the "finished" product.  Sorry the picture is a little blurry - it was the best shot I could get.  It looks really good, just a little red and bruised, but that is to be expected.  I'm interested to see if his belly button ever shrinks in a little, or if he will just have a flat belly button.  One thing is for sure, I'm VERY grateful for modern medicine! 

3 comments:

Lyndzi said...

Wow! Looks good. I'm glad he did so well. Love the gapping mouth. :)

MG said...

looks good...you need to change your title to 5 ladies and 2 men or something cuter

Brooks and Andrea said...

That does look really good. I love the middle picture of him. He definitely looks like Andy. The girls pics are so cute. Averee looks so sweet and innocent in hers. Little does the teacher know :)