Friday, June 24, 2011

Braces

Well, it's official-Hadlie now has braces!!! Part of the reason she is getting them now besides the obvious straighten her teeth thing is because she has a super tiny mouth. She has had a permanent bottom retainer in for a few months now and she almost has room now for the teeth waiting patiently to come in. Now we just have to wait and see how long it takes her top jaw to widen up a bit. She has been super excited for weeks, and has literally been counting down the days. :) Her appt. was bright and early - 9am is early in the summer :) - and she got ready super fast, she was even too excited to eat breakfast.
This is her 'before' picture.
I'm lovin' the whole flared nostril thing she's got going on in this picture. It always cracks me up when put this little device in to keep their teeth dry.
Look how beautiful she looks now!!! I'm sure for all of you who have had braces you remember being so excited to get them and then super excited to get them off a few years later. :)
This last pic is of Raife in the bathtub~Kennedi took it a couple of weeks ago and it just cracks me up!!! She ran her fingers through his hair to make it stand and feather all crazy-what a little stud muffin! :)


2 comments:

Melanie said...

I never had braces but I always thought it would be cool to have a retainer...and after watching goonies I always thought it would be cool to have an asthma inhaler....now as I'm grown up I don't know why in the world I thought that...Hadlie sure looks cute though...with my crooked teeth I sure wish I would have had braces when I was younger...she will be glad she did.

Nikki said...

And so it begins!! She looks so cute. If she was that excited for them, you should count them for a Christmas present!