Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April Fools Day

I LOVE April Fools Day~I know some people aren't fans, but at our house we try to (KINDLY) trick each other all day long! :) I'm sad to say that this year the day kind of snuck up on me and I wasn't as prepared for tricks as I like to be. I colored our milk in the morning, but sadly that was about it. Then a friend told me about a joke she played on her kids, so I decided to give it a try~~~ it was simple and effective! :)
I made jell-o and filled some tea cups. When the jell-o had been in the fridge a couple of hours, I added the straws. For dinner I told the girls I had filled their cups with kool-aid for them~they all gave it a try and looked at me all sorts of confused=SUCCESS!!! :)
One of the best parts was Kennedi's friend that was over for dinner. She was the first one to try and drink her "kool-aid" but being a guest she was too shy/embarrassed to say anything, so she just set her cup back down and started eating her dinner. :)
The picture below is of Hadlie's bedroom~~~courtesy of Kennedi. After Hadlie went to sleep on April Fools night, Kennedi snuck in and toilet papered her room. She also wrote on her face with marker, thankfully it was the washable kind. Now mind you, Hadlie slept through the ENTIRE thing. :)
Success #2 of the day~I love it when my kids get involved in traditions, even if (maybe especially) when it's a little mischevious, but fun!

2 comments:

BryceandSally said...

Love it Robyn!! I'm totally going to do the jello next year, if I remember!! Your such a fun mom!

Melanie said...

Good idea with the jello..we had some fun ideas. I put tissue in my kids shoes so when they went to put them on they wouldn't fit...Connor hid all my pillows so when we went to bed we had to hunt for them...that even lasted a few days...I'm definitely doing the jello next year..I love hearing fun but not mean ideas.